Computer Virus Removal
The security of your computer should always be a top priority for you. All it takes is one virus to ruin your computer. At West County Computers, our computer virus removal experts are here to help you with all your security concerns. Computer virus symptoms can evolve over days, sometimes weeks and those symptoms may or may not mean you have an actual virus on your computer.
Computer Virus Symptoms
Most users will notice their computer acting up prior to noticing a potential virus or malware. There’s several things that can alarm you of a virus if you know what to look for.
- Popups And Redirects To Other Websites: If your computer is experiencing popups or automatic redirections while browsing the internet, it’s possible that you have browser hijacker. These are actually common and usually occur during the downloading process. You’ll see these some from free downloads a lot. If you rush through the downloading process, they can easily be passed up. A browser hijacker is actually a type of malware that is designed to change your browser’s settings.
- Computer Running Slower: If you notice that your computer is not running a lot slower, this can be a sign of a virus. However, this degraded performance can be caused by a wide range of factors, including third-party browser plugins, too many files, conflicting software or multiple security programs. In order to determine the exact cause, you need to know when your computer lacks the performance.
- Modem Or Hard Disk Constantly Running: If your modem or hard disk has been running a lot recently, this is often a sign that a virus is present. Desktop computers will usually make a lot of noise, same with hard disk. You may notice your modem light stays on for long periods.
- Can’t Start My Computer: If you’re having trouble starting your computer, a virus could be to blame. This issue generally occurs due to threats or unwanted applications.
- Computer Freezes While Browsing Internet: If your computer is experiencing freezes while browsing the internet, you could be subject to a virus. Another type is known as ransomware, this is when your computer freezes and you’re asked for money to access your computer. Rather, you’re tricked in sending money to release your computer.
- Programs Automatically Starting: Some viruses can cause damage to Windows or some of your programs. The results of this damage might include messages appearing unexpectedly, programs starting or closing automatically, or Windows shutting down suddenly.
Fast Virus Removal
If you do have a virus on your computer, you need to have it removed as quickly as possible. The longer your virus or malware has, the worse things can get for your computer. You could stand the opportunity to lose important files and data on your computer. This is exactly why we encourage you to contact us immediately if you think you have a virus on your computer.
Every second that malware or viruses stay on your computer, the more risk for damage. We’ve been removing computer viruses and malware from West County computers for many years. Don’t hesitate to reach out to us, call 707.360.8652 or fill out our contact form. One of our virus removal experts will be in touch immediately.